Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Foundation Of Consciously Understanding Success ( F.O.C.U.S)
Below are some guidelines to consider when writing and submitting your story.
WHY WRITE FOR THE F.O.C.U.S?
1. Gain exposure. Your post will be promoted to our community of over 500 people via email and social media.
2. Interact with great and like-minded people. The F.O.C.U.S has a highly responsive readership who like to leave comments and share new stories with their network.
3.Impact others- This serves as an opportunity to share knowledge and build others up with the right responses.
1. Be original.
2. Make it personal. Please base your post on your own experiences most preferably. If your post contains only advice, I will likely decline it.
3. Length doesn’t matter. I’m not a word counter, so it doesn’t matter to me whether it takes 300 or 3,000 words to tell your story.
4. Include a bio. Please include a short bio with up to 2 links that will appear at the bottom of the post.
5. Connect your email address to www.richini.org This ensures a headshot will show in the author bio section.
5. Limit self-promotion. If you have a product or service you are looking to promote please link to these in your bio rather than within the post. Links within your post to relevant articles either on the F.O.C.U.S or on other blogs are OK.
1. Electronic publishing rights. By submitting your story to me you agree the F.O.C.U.S will hold the digital publishing rights to the post if it is published. This includes the right to publish your story in an ebook for sale via this website or online stores such as Amazon. If your story is selected for inclusion in an ebook I will include your name and a link to your website.
2. The lead image is something I normally select, but if you have a suggestion please let me know. Most of the images I choose come from Pexels or Canva. When suggesting an image please ensure it is Creative Commons-licensed and can be used commercially.
3. Your post may be edited. I normally leave posts untouched, but in some cases, I may edit things such as the title, grammar, format, etc.
4. Word format is preferred. There is no need to send an HTML version.
5. Please allow up to 2 weeks for a response. I aim to read and reply to every guest post submission, but I may miss your email because it went into my spam folder or I deleted it by accident. Also, blogging is something I do in my spare time so sometimes I get behind in reviewing submissions. If you don’t hear back from me within 2 weeks please send a follow-up email.
1. A relevant and insightful quote at the start of a story is a great way to grab attention and can help with promotion on social media networks.
2. A question for readers at the end of your story is a great way to encourage comments.
3. Being available the day I publish your article to quickly respond to comments is encouraged. Currently I publish 2 posts a week. If you have a preference for what day please let me know.
4. Promote and share your story with your network!
Sound OK? If so please get in touch by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Guest Post Article” in the subject line.
If I enjoy your post I will write back with a suggested date to publish the story. Otherwise, I’ll let you know that I’m passing on the submission so you can publish it elsewhere.
Please note: due to time constraints I normally don’t provide feedback. If I pass on your submission you are welcome to send me something else for consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you!